Acne Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that causes inflammation of the cheeks, nose, chin, forehead, or eyelids. It appears spider-like blood vessels that are swollen and reddish or skin eruptions. Ocular rosacea, one of the forms of rosacea affects the skin and blood vessels around the eyes and results in reduced vision. Acne Rosacea normally a harmless cosmetic condition unless it affects the eyes. It affects nearly 16 million Americans.
Causes of Acne Rosacea
The exact reason for this condition is not known but it is not contagious and long-lasting disease of skin.
Some believe that it occurs as hereditary disease. Whereas some researchers believe that it is a vascular disorder or disorder of nervous system.
Acne Rosacea may even get worse with hot weather conditions, spicy foods, stress, alcohol, etc. and it mostly appears on fair skinned people between the ages of 30-40 years. Also, it may become reddish and swollen if left untreated and cause severe irritation to the patient.
Ways to treat acne rosacea:
Depending on the severity of the condition many forms of treatments and precautions are given. Some precautions to be taken include:
• Clean your face twice a day with mild, natural cleanser.
• Do not use facial irritants like soaps, lotions and any other facial cosmetics.
• Avoid taking spicy foods, alcoholic and hot beverages which even worsen acne rosacea.
• It’s best to expose your skin to cold weather than hot weather as it reduces irritation.
• Apple juice and grape juice are best for people suffering from acne rosacea.
• Apply Aloe Vera on the infected area which gives relief and soothing effect.
• Also apply sunscreen lotions to avoid irritation and wear hats every time when you go out in sun.
• Take healthy foods containing vitamin B and essential nutrients.
• Stop smoking as it make the condition even worse.
Along with the above suggestions, if you consider some treatments, it will be more effective to control.
Widely used acne rosacea treatments:
Oral treatment: Acne Rosacea can be cured easily by oral medicines and some other antibiotics like tetracycline, amoxicillin and doxycycline to reduce inflammation.
Topical treatment: Topical antibiotics like clindamycin and erythromycin are common which reduces redness and severity of cysts.
Laser Therapy: Laser helps to get rid of blemishes, red patches and noticeable blood vessels which are the most common symptoms of acne.
Retinoids: These are chemical compounds similar to vitamin A. Retinoids should be used only when prescribed by the physician.
Rosacea is not medically dangerous. It is not curable, but can usually be controlled with treatment. It may be persistent and chronic.
Dermatology Yorba Linda offers you effective skin care services for all your conditions. To know about the best acne rosacea treatment that suits your needs; you can contact our dermatologist Yorba Linda.