Prevention is better then cure. Daily activities affects your acne. If you could prevent it from happening, there isn’t a need to find a cure.
The face is the most exposed part in a persons body. Taking care of the skin is essential to looking good. Knowing proper acne skin care treatment can help you banish this unsightly problem to make you feel better about yourself. Though Acne cannot be fully prevented as it is hormonal but the following should be adapted to avoid Acne:
- Regularly washing your skin softly with a good cleanser everyday is the most important habit that helps prevent acne. But you should be careful not to do excessive cleansing as it may irritate your skin and can be hazardous to any acne you currently have. After sweating too much, it would be better to tenderly wash your face with an effective cleanser as the sweet mixed with oil coming out of the body can block the pores.
- Bursting any existing pimples would do nothing, but simply cause infections that would pave the way for acne and scars.
- Tight clothing should be avoided at all times especially when you exercise. Sweat containing oil coming out from your body will excessively get absorbed into your body which will block the pores of your skin and cause acne.
- Adding multi-vitamin foods in your lunch and dinner would help your skin to be healthy and won’t cause dead cells.
- For men, shaving carefully with a safe razor would help prevent acne from appearing on face. There are razors in markets that are of low quality and irritate skin, those must be avoided.
- Find a regimen and stick with it. Pick your medication and treatment method and do not deviate from it unless you achieve measurable results or find that the condition is worsening.
- Don’t use alcohol. Do not use products, like toners, if they contain heavy concentrations of isopropyl alcohol. This can do more damage than good.
- Choose skin products carefully. Don’t get harsh or abrasive scrubs that can tear the skin and further aggravate the acne.
- Wash after exercising. Don’t forget to hit shower after you’ve had a workout. The friction and moisture caused by clothing rubbing against the skin can create the perfect conditions for acne production.
- Avoid constant touching or picking at your face. This is pretty self-explanatory. These activities can cause bacteria to get into pores and create acne.
- Avoid Sunburn or SuntanMany of the medicines used to treat acne can make you more prone to sunburn. A sunburn that reddens the skin or suntan that darkens the skin may make blemishes less visible and make the skin feel drier. However, these benefits are only temporary, and there are known risks of excessive sun exposure, such as more rapid skin aging and a risk of developing skin cancer.
- Watching what you eat also helps in your acne skin care treatment. Some foods have been reported to increase acne activity and you should stay away from these types of food. This mainly includes junk food and deep fried fatty foods. Fruits and vegetables are very good sources of Vitamin C and A, which helps clear the skin and improves its appearance.
- Drinking eight glasses of water everyday to flushes out toxins that are harmful to the skin. These methods are not only good for your health and skin; they are also inexpensive ways for your acne skin care treatment.
- Reduce Your Stress. Another possible cause of acne is stress. If you suffer from stress induced acne then you will notice that every time that your stress level increases your face breaks out. If you have this kind of acne then your natural remedy is to find a way to reduce your stress. This may include reducing your workload, meditating, exercising, or soaking in a hot tub. Use whatever works for you.
- Detox Your Body. The liver is one of organs that can lead to oily skin and to acne. When the liver is not functioning properly it causes the skin to over-produce oil. This clogs pores and leads to break-outs. An improperly functioning liver can also lead to a hormonal balance problem which can also lead to acne break-outs. The best way to detox your liver is to change your diet. Eat fresh foods, fish that are high in omega-3 fatty acids, and drink lots of water. Eliminate junk food from your diet, and eliminate processed food. Try more whole foods, and more fiber.
- Keep your hands to yourself! Excessive touching of the cause can cause irritation of acne. It is also possible for the acne to spread if you keep touching the face with dirty hands. It is very tempting to touch an acne prone skin especially if you are very conscious, however, the effects in the long run is far more damaging and it may become infected making it more difficult to clear your skin.
- Doctors are available for a reason. Consulting with your doctor helps in your acne skin care treatment because they know what you must do in order to prevent acne. All acne skin care treatments or products must be reviewed by your doctor to prevent further damage to the skin. Harsh chemicals from certain products may cause irritation and swelling. In addition, if you plan on using natural remedies as your acne skin care treatment, your doctor must be aware of what you are going to use. You may never know but you may be allergic to a certain product.
- Facials are not only meant for the pampered and the rich. Facials can help you clear acne and prevent them from spreading or coming back. Facials deep clean the skin and pores, which can get rid of excess oil and dirt. You can even use a do-it-yourself facial in your own home as your acne skin care treatment. A DIY facial is cheap and effective, plus, you get to use natural ingredients that are beneficial to the skin.
- Change your sleeping conditions. Not to pursue a new style of sleeping but instead the environment on which you sleep has to be clear of bacteria. Can you imagine how much bacteria is on your pillow cover? Every time you go to sleep you expose your facial skin to your pillow cover and bacteria are exchanged from the pillow cover to your face and from your face to the pillow cover. Change it everyday. As simple as it may seem, this is one of the main places you acquire acne. Ever wondered why even after applying all the prescribed creams you still wake up to find a new pimple in the morning? Now you know why.
Acne is an inevitable force of nature. The hormones in the body, which makes getting acne unavoidable, cause the outbreaks of those unwanted spots on the skin. Early prevention, a healthy lifestyle, patience, persistence and proper hygiene are the most important acne skin care treatments and will eventually pay off with clear skin.