Updated December 04, 2014.
This kit is a great OTC treatment option containing benzoyl peroxide. Perfect for those looking for a complete kit (cleanser, toner, and lotion) in one box for one price.
- Eliminates guesswork when choosing your products — everything you need is in the box.
- Inexpensive when compared to other complete acne skin care kits.
- Easily found at drug and retail stores.
- Repair lotion doesn’t moisturize, so you’ll need a separate product for that.
- Tiny holes make dispensing products a chore.
- University Medical Acne Free Clear Skin System
- Complete skin care kit containing a foaming cleanser, astringent toner, and treatment lotion.
- Active ingredient is benzoyl peroxide (2.5% in the cleanser, 3.7% in the lotion).
Guide Review – Acne Free Clear Skin System
If you’re looking for a complete acne treatment kit, you aren’t limited to Proactiv. Acne Free Clear Skin System fits the bill nicely. This kit comes with nearly everything you need to care for your acne-prone skin. Plus, because it’s available at your local drug or retail store, there are no shipping charges.
The package says Acne Free Purifying Cleanser contains “microbeads” (small granules used to exfoliate the skin). I didn’t notice any, but liked the cleanser anyway. It foams up well, and rinses away easily. The smell is light and neutral, so both men and women should be pleased with it.
The toner leaves the skin feeling a bit sticky, at least until it’s completely dry. Thanks to its high alcohol content, those with less oily or sensitive skin may find the toner too drying. Oily skinned folks will like its astringent quality.
Although I first considered Acne Free Repair Lotion to take the place of a moisturizer, it really is more a treatment lotion. It doesn’t moisturize the skin at all. To get around this problem, you can apply a gentle moisturizer over the top of the Repair Lotion.
One annoying issue is the size of the dispensing holes on all three products — they’re tiny! You have to squeeze hard to get anything, especially tough with the cleanser bottle and damp hands. On the flip side, though, it makes it difficult to use too much product so you’ll probably save money in the long run.
For someone looking for reasonably priced acne skin care, without the guesswork of putting together your own regimen, Acne Free Clear Skin System can’t be beat.